- Client: Eildon Housing Association Ltd
- Project: New build housing – 8 No Houses
- Service Provided: Quantity Surveyor
- Procurement: Traditional
- Contract period: 40 weeks
- Architect: John R Harris & Partners
- Engineer: McKay & Partners
- Contractor: Border Construction Ltd
Construction of 8 No two storey semi-detached houses in 4 No blocks together with associated site works and external services providing affordable general needs housing for families.
The houses are of timber framed construction (elements of which use locally sourced timber). Reduction in energy consumption has been provided by using double glazing and enhanced levels of insulation and the inclusion of renewable technology heat pumps.
A Commendation was received in the ‘Placemaking’ category at the SBC Design Awards 2011.