- Client: Midlothian Council
- Project: New build 60 bed care home
- Service Provided: Quantity Surveyor
- Procurement: Traditional
- Contract period: 52 weeks
- Architect: The Miller Partnership
- Engineer: Upton McGougan
- Contractor: Central Building Contractors Ltd
The home incorporates a number of features to assist infirm/ambulant disabled residents and also those suffering from dementia. All ensuite bedrooms have level access shower trays and each wing has assisted bath and WC facilities.
The home has five accommodation wings, each of which is unique. Each wing has a different prominent feature above the residents lounge and a themed garden; the wings have been designed with different coloured walls and carpets, colour coded door panels, a unique numbering system and unique identification features, ie artwork, water features, light walls and memory boxes.
The project incorporated many innovative and sustainability features.