- Client: Port of Leith Housing Association Ltd
- Project: New build housing – 102 No flats
- Service Provided: Employer’s Agent/Quantity Surveyor
- Procurement: Design and build
- Contract period: 100 weeks
- Architect: Patience & Highmore
- Engineer: Upton McGougan
- Contractor: CBC Limited
The project comprises 102 No flats (12 No wheelchair, 20 No amenity and 70 No mainstream) constructed over five and six storeys and includes 7 No common stair cores.
Sustainable features incorporated within the specification include:
- Ground source heat pumps and underfloor heating to all 18 No ground floor flats
- Timber frame superstructure
- Enhanced levels of insulation
- Condensing boilers
The project was the “Large Affordable Housing Development of the Year” award winner at the prestigious Scottish Home Awards 2010.