- Client: Port of Leith Housing Association Ltd
- Project: New build housing, flats and church
- Service Provided: Quantity Surveyor
- Procurement: Traditional
- Contract period: 65 weeks
- Architect: Assist Architects
- Engineer: Scott Bennett Associates
- Contractor: Hart Builders (Edinburgh) Ltd
The project comprised three separate buildings – a six storey steel framed structure with a church on the ground floor and 18 No flats above with lift access at the front of the site and a two storey detached timber framed house and a two storey timber framed three house terrace at the rear of the site. Both timber framed buildings were constructed adjacent to the boundary wall.
Condensing boilers, low E glass, cedar wall cladding, timber framed house kits and timber framed wall panels (within the steel framed structure) were sustainable features incorporated within the specification for the development.