- Client: Foremost Properties Scotland LLP
- Project: 115 Bedroom Hotel
- Service Provided: Employer’s Agent
- Procurement: Design and Build
- Contract period: 44 weeks
- Contractor: Anglo Holt Construction Ltd
The project comprised the refurbishment and extension of a former girls’ school and dormitory to form a 115 bedroom Travelodge Hotel.
One block was refurbished installing pre-finished bathroom pods and forming 60 new bedrooms. Lift shafts were removed with modifications to create main staircase. Solar panels were installed and a new light well to generate light for 7 basement bedrooms. A steel structure was installed within two existing villas for floor and roof construction with bathroom pods creating 27 bedrooms. A timber frame extension and further bathroom pods were installed to give 28 bedrooms.